Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Camp NaNoWrimo April 2016: 4/5

Once again, I've not really taken the time to write.  I know, I need to just sit down and write, but I keep finding things that I need to do that are of higher priority, like work of all kinds!  There's housework, homework, and money-work.  I barely have time to keep up with DWTS and The Voice.  I'm not giving up though!  I know I can get to 20K words, I just have to focus.  And stop getting distracted!

In case you weren't aware yet, winning validation became available this past week on Wednesday.  For those who had met or surpassed their goals, this was fantastic news!  For those of us who haven't been able to really work on our projects, this might make us a little more anxious than typical.  I got the e-mail and told myself "This weekend, no matter what you may wish to do, you're sitting down and working on your project, Ency."  Then sat down and wrote for about five minutes while making dinner.  Got about a hundred more words to add to my total, but still puts me nowhere near where I need to be.

Hopefully I can happily post next week that I met that 20K word goal.  I set it lower than I knew I could do because of all the real world obligations.  RL is annoying, but necessary.  This is not a good thing for writers who want to disappear into their other worlds and while away their time there.  Especially if they aren't making writing their living.  Well, good luck to my fellow campers.

I must apologize for this being late.  I mistakenly believed I had it properly scheduled to post on Sunday morning, but apparently it remained as a draft instead of a scheduled post.  So, I'm terribly sorry for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment