Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, November 24, 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019 Part 4/5

So when typing this I'm at 14,303 words out of the 50K goal.  I haven't utilized a single one of the virtual write-ins on YouTube, but will likely do so this week at some point.  For those who've managed to reach the 50K, congratulations.  For those that haven't yet, keep trying.  I once filled an entire notebook - 5 subject - in only a few hours.

When a person gets struck with the inspiration they need for a story, the words can and will flow beyond anything one might realize.  I can't tell you the number of partial works I have because I get struck with inspiration for a short period of time then have it die out.  With all the computer issues I've had in the past, I'm surprised I'm still working on them and on this blog.  It doesn't mean I'm not trying to keep going with my blog.  I do have several ideas for blogs and there are blogs that I didn't take the time to put together back when they would have been relevant.

There may be a lot of words left for me to write to "win" NaNoWriMo, but that's not how I win.  The goal is typically a 50K word story that one has to go back and edit.  My personal goal is to write.  If I manage to write anything at all, I've won.  So I'm still working through the dinner for my crossover which is definitely taking its own life.  Why do they make you think it's going to make a zig but then have you write three zags instead?

So good luck and keep writing for those of us who are still not at the 50K goal and for those who have reached it?  Please refer to the first paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment