Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, November 3, 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019 Part 1/5

NaNoWriMo has begun again and other than a large number of fanfictions that I want to finish as well as a large number of originals that I want to either start/restart or finish I don't know what I want to work on.  Most likely I will be working on fanfics which I've got three that I think I'll be working on.

The first is a crossover I've been working on for quite some time.  Harry Potter instead of being taken into the Dursley household was put up for adoption through an orphanage the police ended up putting him in.  He was adopted by a foreign couple who would later divorce and separate him from his sister.  He would find friends and go through a lot of weird stuff before being found once again by the British Wizarding World.  His friends would not let him go alone when he gets told about how he's expected to be someone who is said to have been targeted by a serial killer and been the killer's only survivor.  With Seto Kaiba funding the trip, wizarding Britain is definitely going to get a wake-up call as they keep trying to say that Katsuya Jonouchi is Harry Potter and that despite having never met the boy or talked to him, they know everything about him.  Obviously, this one is a Harry Potter and Yu-Gi-Oh crossover.

The second is a Harry Potter Gundam Wing crossover I started recently.  This one is set at the end of fourth year when the students get off the train and instead of going straight home, Harry and many other muggleborn and raised are taken to a government building to be registered in accordance with a new law that was introduced to help locate families that have been separated.  I haven't yet decided exactly what gets discovered but I do know that a paternal family member for Harry is found.  I don't know if it'll be a sibling, cousin, or even his own father, I'm still trying to figure that out.  Hell, it might be both a sibling and his father, after all, he can't be sure what he saw in the graveyard, can he?  

Finally, on the fanfic scene, I have the idea for a crossover between Assassination Classroom and Yu-Gi-Oh.  It's set after all the students have finished school and are well established in their careers and for some families.  After having been told that they had to find a new school for the Kaiba and Moto children, Joey goes to check out a school meeting an old classmate as the teacher for the children placed in the most problematic class - Nagisa.  In my mind, there is a lot more going on and the issue is the secrets that Tristan and Joey are keeping puts the friends from both sets against each other.  Other than that I don't know how long I'll make this story or if it'll be a one-shot capture of that specific instance. 

I'm likely to work on other stories as well.  Some are likely to be original pieces, but there will also be other fanfics included.  After all, these are only three fanfics and I can guarantee that I have a minimum of twenty that have been started either on a computer or on paper and I'm constantly finding more ideas for fanfics.

As for my progress for NaNoWriMo, I've managed 3861 words in the first two full days.  Hope you guys are getting some writing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment