Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, June 30, 2019

July Camp Nano

So, tomorrow starts 2019's Camp NaNoWriMo and, yes, I plan to participate.  For each week of July I will post an update on how I'm doing on my project and, perhaps, I'll even give tidbits of the story or ask for help with things that are giving me trouble.  By no means am I demanding for aid, but maybe you'll be having the same issue.  If I posted previously about an issue I was having and have managed to find a fix, I pan to put that in a post with the updates as well.

Now, for my project.  At first I was planning to just focus on my KHR fanfics (I know I have at least two crossovers with HP started and ideas for a good many more) but my husband and I have been watching a number of documentaries about WWII and that got me thinking - if literally anything had gone slightly differently in Hitler's life, perhaps he'd have never even gone into politics which would have lead to a vastly different era for what WWII ended up being.  Then I realized I'll need to do some major research for this bit of historical fiction.   So, I plan to work on both, though I likely will focus on a very particular KHR/HP crossover.

This crossover is set after Deathly Hallows and at some point after the Arcobeleno curse has been lifted.  I only got as far in the manga as the start of the game to lift the curse, but I wanted to make it that period because while there are innumerable Harry is Skull stories and a few others where Skull is someone from the wizarding world, I got to thinking - what if Percy, the black sheep of the Weasley family, were a cloud? Furthermore what if he became Skull?  So, I will focus on this story because it s an intriguing concept.  For those who plan to also participate, good luck.  For those who don't, enjoy the influx of reading material that will hopefully come out if not during then after July ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment