Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Valentine's and a New Year?

So, yeah, I kind of got side-tracked between bad weather, housework, and close-out sales (great deal at Payless shoe store in a nearby city) and managed not to type up any posts.  So here is that promised post about Valentine's and the Chinese New Year.

Valentine's is considered a couple's holiday.  For me, that means my husband cooks dinner and if I'm lucky he gives me flowers or a trinket or some kind of candy.  I usually get him some kind of treat (usually a couple of packs/boxes of one of his favorite candies) and this year I was only treated to dinner in.  Am I upset?  Sometimes, but last year we took a trip to a town about an hour away to avoid anyone we knew for the whole weekend and then took the scenic route back.  This year, we happen to be a bit cash-strapped.  Overall, I'm just happy he cooked and served me rather than us having left-overs and/or me having to get my own dinner, so for me, it was a really good Valentine's.

On top of that, some games will provide special things for the holidays.  In fact, Gloria Victus introduced heart-shaped ammo and catapults to their game which can be found on Steam.  (Eventually, I hope to write a review on this game!)  Both Merge Dragons and Clash Royale gave special extras and releases for the Chinese New Year -  a day that for many Americans is just another excuse to get drunk, at least those that don't actually follow or celebrate the Chinese New Year.  Also, just a little side note for you when looking at the Chinese Zodiac - the new year begins in February.  If you were born in January look at the previous year's Zodiac sign and if you were born in February, look up when the new year began before figuring out what your Zodiac sign is.  So enjoy this Year of the Pig and hopefully, I'll get my March plans out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment