Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Catch Up and NaNoWriMo

Okay, so I know it's been several months since I've typed a post, but I swear I was thinking about and I didn't stop writing.  No, I last wrote in June, after skipping the week immediately after Memorial Day weekend.  This was not done on purpose.  As a matter of fact, my husband and I both got Pokemon Go on our phones.

I had tried to plan out a few posts, but between Pokemon Go, a dog, two jobs, school, and a husband, I barely remember anything that occurred for the rest of June.  Then the first weekend of July we managed to get my computer back online.  I also had learned by this time that Disney Channel had 100 Original Movies (DCOMs).  I'll try to type up more about my plans regarding these, including a list of DCOMs according to Disney Channel at the time they were promoting their 100th DCOM - Adventures in Babysitting in a future post.

Anyway, after getting my computer back up and running, It took most of the week to get all of the necessary updates, including drivers, while avoiding anything to do with Windows 10.  I refuse to get it on this particular computer.  As it is, I've somehow lost several works that I had on the old hard drive.  Yes, the fix for the revolving blue screen cycle was to get a new hard drive and reinstall Windows 8.  This meant that it was necessary to reinstall numerous updates as previously mentioned.

By the time my computer was back to working condition, I was barely keeping up with numerous other projects and my husband was asking to do something every single weekend.  Time for me to do almost anything?  I didn't know what it was.  I wasn't even able to watch and comment on the season premieres of The Voice, Dancing With The Stars, Once Upon A Time, or Hell's Kitchen.  In fact, there are numerous things that I've been trying to catch up on and just haven't been able to because of house cleaning as well.  Don't even ask about cooking, although I've got a recipe for Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies that I had to refind for the holiday season.  It truly is liked and I had to promise to make one of my coworkers an entire batch just for him.  My husband sat with the cookies while I was at work before our employee party regarding one of my jobs and let's just say he told me he had to forget they even existed in order to not eat all of them.  So that was yesterday morning and evening...

Anyway, I started to think I could start working on blogs again about two weeks ago, but I just couldn't seem to sit at my desk - cluttered beyond belief - to type a blog.  I even contemplated typing something regarding the election seeing as I'm an American.  I realized rather quickly that to be completely honest I had no idea where any of the candidates stood regarding anything I felt was important.  Everything we were presented with was biased or seemed incomplete.  I didn't post on the eve of Halloween because of things that I had to finish that day for school (I spent two hours on one project for the least amount of time and I think it was five for the longest) and a party that evening.

On a final note, am I doing NaNoWriMo again this year?  Yes.  I'll post my first update of four, since I missed the first Sunday of this month as well, shortly.

Any questions about the hectic last few months or ideas for future posts?  Questions in regards to anything posted here?  Just leave a comment!  Also, if you want to know what I voted or if I voted, no, I did not.  I felt underinformed.  Otherwise, I think I'll wrap this up for now.  Look forward to the next post and type you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment