Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, February 14, 2016

#ThankYouDanielBryan

This past Monday an announcement was made to the world about a wrestler who is retiring.  I should probably remind that I'm not a huge wrestling fan.  There have been a few that when my husband watches them, I'll sit down to watch as well.  This doesn't mean I get annoyed when I miss a particular event or go all crazy when there's an event nearby (not that there is anything wrong with that.  I go crazy about certain authors, and was exceedingly manic for a while in regards to Hawaii Five-O, Once Upon A Time, Bleach, and Grimm.  Let's just say with how varied my interests are, I change manicness regularly).  It's just that this particular wrestler was entertaining even within the between fight story line things.

In case you didn't know who this wrestler was/is, he's not dead, but for health reasons can no longer wrestler (stupid concussions!).  I, for one, will miss Daniel Bryan.  The only other wrestler that I liked and enjoyed watching wrestling because of also retired from the ring for health reasons...only a few short months after I admitted to enjoying watching him.  That particular wrestler was Edge.  Typically I'm not superstitious, but in this case, I think it's justified if I refuse to announce to liking or enjoying watching particular wrestlers as wrestlers.  So, yeah, there's that.

I won't go into all the accomplishments or things that I enjoyed watching about Daniel Bryan, but I will admit that one of my favorites was his time on Team Hell No.  That always made me laugh.  Just the antics between the two and as I think about it now, I've a slight grin forming.  Stupid psychologist/therapist.  Anyway, I just wanting to type how sincerely I'll miss watching Daniel Bryan in the ring, but I hope everything goes well for him and his wife.  I'll miss him, yes, but I hope he's happy as he starts a new chapter of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment