Featured Post

NaNoWriMo: What is it?

Put the ice queens, princesses, witches, monsters, pirates, Doctors, and whatever other costume the kids wore away.  Halloween is almost ove...

Sunday, November 16, 2014

NaNo Update 3/5

Almost 20000 words behind, but at least I hit that first five thousand and have been working on my novel, right?  I know I'm a little behind...okay a lot behind, but is it really so bad for me?  I write when I can and when I end up being the one to take the dog out because my husband can't take the hint to take her out...Let's just say that I might have had a few thousand more words written if I weren't trying to ignore the fact that my husband and dog conspire to keep me from doing things that I may want to do, or listen/watch what I want...

Thankfully I have tomorrow off from work as well as Thursday so I can hopefully spend the bulk of that time working on my novel.  How about you?  Are keeping with where you want to be or are you like me - lagging by the tens of thousands?

Oh!  I figured out the final victim of the main female character's first name - Jasper.  It came to me as I was doing this past Wednesday's write-in!  Just as one of her coworker's names did...Val, as in Valerius.  Seriously.  He wanted a name that started with V and wouldn't tell me until I threatened to write him as a Vernon.  He quickly revealed his name after that.  Still don't have my main female's name, though I now also now her "soul mate's" name...as I can't really call him anything else without referring to a thousand others in that world.  Oh well.  At least I've gotten somewhere with it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment